Monday, March 1, 2010

Mother Nature still in a bad mood

Mother Nature is apparently still in a bad mood. It is blowing a gale this morning. The good Captain has gone to town for supplies for his vessel. Imagine that! The wind chimes are ringing madly. I wonder if we are going to have a repeated loss of power episode? Maybe I should draw off some water just in case. I guess March is coming in like a Lion. Does that mean if we survive another month of this the weather will finally smarten up? I certainly hope so, I can see why people become "Snowbirds". I'm thinking that it isn't such a bad idea after all. I would miss the seasons but we all have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

This morning when the Captain was droneing around on the computer, he was checking the marine report. He seems to think that I need an audio version and he reads it to me. Knots, gusts, wave height, how often, how long...Good Grief! I do my level best to tune him out, a skill I acquired years ago when my children were small. I know this stuff is important but I don't require the entire report read to me. Just give the gist of it and let me go on my merry way. Gusts to 60 knots is all the information I need. That tells he that he will be pacing and muttering to himself ALL DAY! I told him years ago that he had better not even think of retiring because he will drive me completely out of my mind. I would be forced to bury him out back, tell people that he went out for a pack of cigarettes and haven't seen him since. Only trouble with that story is the Captain doesn't smoke. Nor does the man do idle well...

The "Big Kahuna" just called. He is the Captain's father. He just informed me that Travis went out in this mess. I can never tell when he does this if he's complaining that the Captain should be out also or not. I tell him that Travis is nuts! He agrees for a change, I guess he just needed something to do, kind of like grousing about the weather for other folks. The "Big Kahuna" is at loose ends these days. His truck is broke down and it has thrown his daily routine off. Usually he drives around town at least twenty times a day nosing around. If you want the low down of what is happening in Port Clyde just ask the "Big Kahuna". If he doesn't have the information no one does and that's a fact! He will be 78 this year, I hope I'm still getting around like he does when I'm 78, if I live that long! I'm afraid the fishing business might do me in before then.

Ah, the fishing business. Now that's a story all by itself. I'm fond of saying, "That I know more about commercial fishing that anyone born in Cincinnati Ohio has a right to know!" But I am going to save THAT story for another day because I think I need to draw off that water I mentioned earlier.

1 comment:

  1. How high did the winds finally get to be? I finished the editing. willget to you later. Anne

    ReplyDelete